Praca: General Ledger Accountant
With a startup spirit and 80,000+ curious and courageous minds, we have the expertise to go deep with the world’s biggest brands—and we have fun doing it. Now, we’re calling all you rule-breakers and risk-takers who see the world differently, and are bold enough to reinvent it. Come, transform with us.
Inviting applications for the role of the General Ledger Accountant
The position well be part of Genpact’s new operations in Prague (Czech Republic), which can be fulfilled & supported remotely.
- General accounting tasks (GL account maintenance, journal entries, closing activities, reporting etc.), Asset Accounting (capitalization, depreciation, amortization), inventory accounting and cost accounting;
- Making the balance sheets and checking all the in scope accounts (fixed assets, client accounts, supplier accounts, etc.);
- Closings and reconciliations for the managed accounts;
- Analyzing and following the accounting journals, making reclassifications and corrections;
- Analyzing and investigating the blocked items for payment on trade accounts payable accounts;
- Handling and reconciling the intercompany transactions and accounts;
- Handling the accounts reconciliation for the group companies according to procedures, when required;
- Managing the salary related expenses;
- Offering the necessary reports and information for the internal and external controls;
- Preparing monthly performance reports according to the established contract indicators and any other additional requested reports to be reviewed by the client;
- Communicating in a timely manner any relevant information related to the process;
- Respecting the activity schedule established with the customer;
- Fulfills any other ad-hoc activity required by the manager or customer.
- Written and verbal fluency in English and at least one additional European language like Spanish, Italian, German, French on intermediate (B1) level
- Accounting experience in a multi-gap environment;
- First experience of closing the books, ideally in an international environment or in the R2R function of an SSC;
- Ability to learn/ understand processes quickly and adhere to them accurately;
- Flexible approach with a strong team spirit;
- Effective interpersonal & communication skills and highly professional style when dealing with client affiliates auditors;
- Compliance & controllership mindset;
- Numerate with a good eye for detail;
- Proficient IT skills including Excel and Outlook.
- Attractive salary
- Stable job offer – employment contract
- Various trainings (initiating, soft skills)
- Possibility of development
- Benefits (Insurance, Luxmed, Multisport, Lunch pass card, additional vacation days, biking policy)