Praca: Investor Services Administrator
HedgeServ is a leading global fund administrator with more than $450 billion in assets under administration across all investment vehicles including Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds, UCITS, Hybrid Credit Managers, Funds of Funds and Managed Account Platforms. We optimize our clients’ experience using unique proprietary technology coupled with robotic process automation, intuitive digital programs powered by machine learning, and enhanced by an extensive proprietary transaction data set. HedgeServ’s entrepreneurial and innovative spirit cultivates a productive and agile environment enabling its team to anticipate clients’ needs and consistently deliver solutions in real time. Led by the most experienced team of industry experts, HedgeServ with 1,500+ professionals around the globe expertly provides customizable solutions for their clients’ risk, portfolio management, middle office, investor relations, accounting, regulatory, compliance, and tax services. Since its inception in 2008, HedgeServ has received numerous accolades, including Top Overall Administrator and #1 rankings for Fund Accounting, Reporting & Reporting Technology, Client Service, Investor Services, Alternative Fund Expertise, and Regulatory Expertise.
HedgeServ is a progressive company with continuously evolving ways of working to ensure a future-focused mindset. Our employees benefit from a robust career development framework and clear learning paths which outline career trajectory, training and progression plans. HedgeServ supports employees through a variety of offerings, including remote and hybrid working arrangements, and fully paid comprehensive health and well-being benefits. HedgeServ was recognized as a Next Gen employer by RippleMatch on its list of 100 top workplaces for Generation Z for 2022. HedgeServ operates 13 offices in the United States, Grand Cayman, Ireland, Poland, Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Philippines and Australia.
The HedgeServ Investor Services department has an established global presence, with operations located in theCayman Islands, Ireland, Poland, and USA. Through the company’s continued growth, the team is seeking candidates to expand our operations in Poland. The team currently services a mix of private equity, hedge funds and hybrid structures. Using our proprietary technology, clients and investors experience an interactive, end to end, industry leading service. The team works with its clients and investors to introduce new technology solutions to continuously meet the demands of an ever-changing industry to support unique client structures and operating models.
An Investor Services Administrator (“IS Administrator”) works as part of a team supporting the Investor Services Supervisor and Manager in the delivery of an efficient and high-quality service to our clients and their investors.
- Receive and process investor transaction documents in accordance with the fund documentation requirements such as subscriptions
- Maintain capital activity report and distribute to client (s) on a periodic basis
- Complete and maintain AML requirements for all investor transactions
- Provide money movement notification to the client (s) and prepare wire instructions for money
- movements for investor activity
- Serve as daily client operational contact for investor servicing and maintain good relationships with
- Display excellent organizational skills to meet SLA deadlines while adhering to procedures
- Act as a mentor to junior staff and provide training under supervision of supervisor
- Develop knowledge on allocations and performance calculations
- Work on projects /Ad-hoc tasks as required
- Demonstrate team player qualities within the investor services team
- Completed bachelor’s degree in business, accounting or finance
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in Finance field
- Fluent English skills (minimum B2)
- Good Excel skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail and well organized.
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible and work effectively both within a team structure and independently.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to positively influence team morale.
- Take ownership of designated tasks.
- Attractive compensation package including extensive set of benefits such as Premium Health Insurance, Multisport Card, My Benefit – Cafeteria System, Life Insurance
- Professional environment with great development opportunities
- Training and development in a wide variety of areas to ensure staff are constantly developing and progressing their skills
- Tuition policy with study leave and generous payment of all related fees
- Enjoy a start-up like environment on the back of a well-established and profitable company