Praca: Senior Operational Risk Officer / Expert for Operational Risk Monitoring & Control
Group Operation Risk in Nordea is looking for an experienced and dedicated Senior Operational Risk Officer/Expert for Operational Risk Monitoring & Control to cover large change initiatives/programmes with material impact to operational risk management across Nordea Group. In that role, you will also be maintaining the methodology relevant for the change initiatives from a risk management perspective. In addition you will be supporting and driving the oversight of risks in legal entities as an operational risk officer and contribute to identify emerging risk. As the Senior Officer, you will play a key role in consulting Nordeas business units on how operational risks should be governed, managed and controlled.
At Nordea, we see that the world is changing fast – and we want to be one step ahead of the curve. That’s why we’re deeply committed to providing the financial solutions of tomorrow to our customers. We’re creating an agile environment where we experiment and grow together – and we need your ideas and unique background. With us, you’ll be in good company with a chance to make your mark on something bigger.
You’ll join Group Operational Risk within Group Risk & Compliance (GRC). GRC independently controls and monitors all aspects of risk including credit, market, liquidity, Compliance and operational risk in Nordea.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide a holistic risk picture on the designated change initiatives to the executive and senior management
- Assess the operational risk for Nordea’s legal entities
- Assess the design and effectiveness of controls within First Line of Defense (1LoD)
- You will play a valuable role in the monitoring of operational risk in relation to large programs and projects, advise and challenge 1LoD on the risk identification and sufficiency of controls
- Contribute to the annual assurance planning process by effectively identifying key areas of focus, applying a risk-based approach
- Providing precise and focused reporting on the risk picture based on results from the program change initiatives, ongoing risk analysis, monitoring and control activities
The role is based in Poland. Welcome to a diverse and dynamic team working in a fast-paced environment.
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
Your profile and background:
- Self-driven, results oriented and team player
- Strong analytical skills and ability to deal with complex issues
- Risk management/operational risk management knowledge and preferably understanding of regulatory requirements related to risk management
- Excellent communication skills and ability to engage senior management
- Integrity and capacity to work independently
- Experience of building strong stakeholder relationships
- Relevant university degree e.g. finance, economics, law, business, audit or similar
- Proficient in English
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Please submit your application no later than 15 December 2020.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: http://www.nordea.com/Images/33-355365/nordea-com-careers-job-pl-en.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.