Praca: Tax Content Consultant, Indirect Tax
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
Tax & Accounting Product business of Thomson Reuters is the leading provider of technology and information solutions, as well as integrated tax compliance software and services to accounting, tax and corporate finance professionals in accounting firms, corporations, law firms and government.
Working as part of Thomson Reuters’ Product business, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining tax content for ONESOURCE Indirect Tax, our leading global tax compliance software solution. You will be part of a wider Global Compliance and Reporting team which is based in the UK, US, Poland, France, Spain, and India.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
You will work on sophisticated spreadsheets (tax templates) containing tax rules and calculations related to VAT / GST in various countries. These tax templates are used by our customers to meet their tax compliance obligations.
About the Role
In this opportunity as a Tax Content Consultant, you will:
- Undertake tax research such as reviewing tax authority documents, tax legislation and other information sources.
- Update existing ONESOURCE Indirect Tax templates in accordance with written requirements / specifications.
- Review and test tax templates to ensure they meet requirements / specifications and are built in accordance with best practices.
- Update, test and review various types of online filing submissions.
- Provide technical support to implementation teams and help resolve client queries.
- Liaise with a wide variety of teams including Technology, QA, Implementation, Product Management or Support.
What’s in it For You?
You will join our inclusive culture of world-class talent, where we are committed to your personal and professional growth through:
- Culture: Globally recognized and award-winning reputation for equality, diversity and inclusion, flexibility, work-life balance, and more.
- Global: You will be working within a team which counts with people from various nationalities and professional backgrounds.
- Wellbeing: Comprehensive benefit plans; company-wide Mental Health Day Off; Headspace app subscription; retirement, savings, tuition reimbursement, and employee incentive programs; resources for mental, physical, and financial wellbeing
- Learning & Development: LinkedIn Learning access; internal Talent Marketplace with opportunities to work on projects cross-company; Ten Thousand Coffees Thomson Reuters café networking
- Social Impact: Two paid volunteer days annually; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives for local and global impact
- COVID-19 Response: Currently working remotely and following local COVID-19 by laws and guidelines. Upon return, we are embracing a hybrid work environment consisting of in-office and remote work.
You’re a fit for the role of Tax Content Consultant if you are / have:
- An experienced tax professional (2-3 years as a minimum experience) with practical experience in tax technology, tax compliance and / or advisory.
- Educated to degree level, preferably in a numerical discipline (Economics, Accounting, Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related subjects)
- Tax and / or Accountancy qualification (or in progress) is a plus.
- Interested in technology with a demonstrable knowledge of software systems, in particular good working experience in Excel (experience in producing complex calculations or models in Excel would be an advantage)
- Knowledge of more than one foreign language will be an advantage.
- Organized and methodical approach to work, especially attention to detail.
- The ability to work independently and virtually with people in different global locations.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.