Praca: Accounting Specialist - receivables (AR)
At METRO we say ’We make it count’ because our accounting is not just about numbers, we make it count for more. We already have almost 400 employees, we operate our MAKRO Cash&Carry retail brands in 24 countries around the world, we have been operating in Szczecin for 10 years, and in our internal engagement survey, almost 90% of our employees said that working at METRO is meaningful and allows them to grow. Join us, feel the ’We make it count’ spirit and create a METRO community for which accounting always counts for something more.
Accounting Specialist - receivables (AR)
Or rather, a Super Accountant, i.e. YOU. Someone who doesnt like boredom, instead likes to propose solutions and has a willingness to work in English-speaking teams.
- experience in accounting
- good command of English (B1/B2)
- good organisation of own work
- issuing and posting invoices, clearing bank statements, taking care of customer settlements, clearing items on customer accounts,
- posting and reconciliation of sales taking place in Real and Makro Cash&Carry shops
- clearing of sales-related accounts (means of payment such as cash, credit cards, vouchers, etc.),
- preparing and confirming balances and reconciliations for general ledger accounts related to the accounts receivable and payable process,
- bank reconciliation,
- processing and responding to customer enquiries in a timely manner.
- Participation in projects related to the improvement of accounting processes,
- day-to-day work with clients in the provision of top-quality services (also in other languages, if you know them),
- participation in month-end closing activities,
- working on a daily basis and improving your skills in SAP and Excel.
- stability - we have created 50 new positions in the last year and are planning 50 more
- tasks that matter - 86% of our employees consider their work to be important
- non-wage benefits - up to PLN 8,000 per year per person, including, among others, quarterly bonuses, annual bonuses, performance awards, holiday subsidies, money for holidays and culture, money for job referrals
- a working system adapted to you - if you live in another city in Poland you can visit us, move to Szczecin or work from home, you decide
- relocation package - PLN 6,000 to move to Szczecin
- professional training - in the fields of accounting, software - SAP, soft skills and language learning with a total value of up to PLN 10 000 per person per year
- free access to Udemy and eTutor
- internationality - the languages you know are used by us every day, English is a must!
- higher salary of PLN 400 to PLN 1,600 if you know an additional language
- A clear career path - you can be promoted to a new position after just one year!
- vertical and horizontal promotions, we regularly recruit internally - 10 out of 23 Team Leaders come from internal recruitment and this number is constantly growing
- enhancing knowledge and experience in various accounting areas - AR, GA, Fixed Assets and Stocks
- support for ACCA students - including an extra paid day off for the exam and reimbursement of the ACCA exam costs, which guarantees you accounting certification
- good atmosphere - 84% of our employees consider the working atmosphere to be positive
- open working culture - your superiors are available to you, we focus on relationships and communication, we are all there for you
- team and company integrations after hours - 2 times a year you integrate with your team, 2 times a year with the whole company
- free breathing training worth up to PLN 2,100 per person per year - because your well-being is important to us
- private medical care and group insurance, also for family members
- subsidised sports card
- anniversary gifts such as a speaker or Kindle or annual prizes such as an iPhone or plasma screen
- Netflix/Empik cards
- air-conditioned, green office in a state-of-the-art building in the city centre - you can reach us by public transport from any part of the city, avoiding traffic jams
- and, of course, free coffee and employee discounts to service outlets in the Posejdon office building.