Praca: Intern in P&L and Balance Sheet Control
Are you a final year student or graduate looking for great and interesting start for your banking career?
We are looking to hire an intern to join one of our P&L and Balance Sheet Control (PBC) teams based in Warsaw. We are looking for intelligent, original, collaborative, passionate people ready to learn, challenge and adapt.
The aim of the ‘Student in Nordea’ programme is to give you a taste of what it’s like to work with us. This is a great opportunity for you to work with financial products and financial markets by becoming a part of the wider financial control organisation and to provide valuable contribution towards the team’s deliverables.
About this opportunity
You’ll join the P&L and Balance Sheet Control (PBC) organisation where we are responsible for profit & loss and balance sheet reporting, controlling and carrying out various analyses. We service and engage with a large number of stakeholders and are required to be flexible and innovative in our daily work.
What you’ll be doing:
- Your primary responsibility will be to learn from your colleagues and to gain experience required to take full responsibility of at least one area, which we control.
- Taking ownership of all facets of the controlling, reporting and analysing of the daily profit loss (P&L) on various trading desks within Nordea Markets, including P&L attribution.
- Taking responsibility for the balance sheet controls and reporting related to assigned areas.
- Analysing profit and loss and balance sheet drivers with understanding of various financial products and markets and trading activities.
- Taking part in the monthly closing process of financial reporting.
- Running controls and validation checks against our inbound and outbound data flows.
- Engaging stakeholders with regular and ad-hoc queries, including internal and external auditors, trading desks as well as other departments within Group Finance
- Helping to develop value adding practical solutions to improve both the efficiency and quality of our reporting.
Our Student in Nordea programme lasts 6 months. You’ll be rewarded with a competitive wage and provided with guidance and support throughout the programme to help you develop your professional skills and network. The working hours are flexible to allow you to complete your studies. The role is based in Warsaw.
Who you are
Collaboration. Ownership. Passion. Courage. These are the values that guide us in being at our best – and that we imagine you share with us.
Your experience and background:
- Final year student of Bachelor or Masters programme or a graduate in Finance, Economics, Statistics or similar field,
- Fluency in English - spoken & written,
- Knowledge of banking and finance (including accounting principles),
- Knowledge of financial instruments, their use and characteristics,
- Excellent academic record,
- Strong Excel skills,
- Prior experience with SQL, VBA or Python would be considered an advantage
- Analytical mind, willing to process large sets of data
- Motivated to discover root causes of issues and drivers behind specific numbers
- Thirst for knowledge, inquisitive attitude
- Open-mindedness, positive thinking, can-do attitude
- Has the courage to provide feedback and to receive it
If this sounds like you, get in touch!
Submit your application no later than 18/12/2021.
At Nordea, we know that an inclusive workplace is a sustainable workplace. We deeply believe that our diverse backgrounds, experiences, characteristics and traits make us better at serving customers and communities. So please come as you are.
Please include permit for processing personal data in CV as following:
In accordance with art. 6 (1) a and b. Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) hereinafter ‘GDPR’. I agree to have: my personal data, education and employment history proceeded for the purposes of current and future recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp.
The administrator of your personal data is: Nordea Bank Abp operating in Poland through its Branch, address: Aleja Edwarda Rydza Śmiglego 20, 93-281 Łodź. Your personal data will be processed for the recruitment processes in Nordea Bank Abp. You have a right to access your personal data, right to rectify and right to delete. Disclosing the personal data in the scope specified by the provisions of Polish Labour Code from 26 June 1974 and executive acts are mandatory. Providing personal data is necessary to conduct the recruitment processes. The request for the deletion of your personal data means resignation from further participation in recruitment processes and causes the immediate removal of your application. Detailed information concerning processing of your personal data can be found at: https://www.nordea.com/en/doc/privacy-policy.2021.pdf
We reserve the right to reply only to selected applications.